Studies for Immigrants
As an immigrant student you can study Professional vocational qualifications- Parts of basic degree and Preparatory education for upper secondary vocational education- Valma. All studys are in Finnish language.
PROFESSIONAL VOCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS- PARTS OF BASIC DEGREE
In parts of degree education is including vocational parts of basic degree studies and preparatory skills.
Each student will receive an individual study plan at Varia. The plan assists students to identify their personal needs in learning and helps them to organize their curriculum to complete their training efficiently.
All parts of degree programmes. Studys is in Finnish language.
- Customer Service
- ICT (Information and communication technology)
- Surface Treatment technology (painter)
- Metalwork and machinery
- Property maintenance service
- Restaurant- and catering (cook)
- Food production (bakery)
- Vehicle installation
- Safety and Security
- Caring assistant
Check here the fields on which Varia organizes education for immigrants.
You can apply any time during the year to study in Varia, but we may only have new groups starting on certain fields at a time. We highly recommend you to follow the situation of new starting groups
After the studies:
- you are qualified in your field of training and you get better job opportunities
- you can apply to study for full qualification
- can start working
PREPARATORY EDUCATION FOR UPPER SECONDARY VOCATIONAL EDUCATION - VALMA
VALMA, is short program for pre-vocational preparatory education for immigrants. This programme helps you improve your language skills and other abilities that you’ll need for studying according to your individual study plan. Preparatory education is one academic year. Your Finnish language skills should be at least A2.2 or A2
After the Valma studies:
- you can apply to study for full qualification or parts of the basic degree diploma
Internship and on-the-job training
- All our training require participating in an internship or doing on-the-job training. On the job learning means guided and goal-oriented training in a workplace, and its purpose is that the students learn practical vocational skills included in the qualification while working in an authentic work environment, normally a company.
In Varia you can participate in a variety of activities during your studies. Some annually organized activities, that Varia offers, are:
- Sports, for example, a futsal tournament
- Culture week
- Many excursions
- Work-life fair for immigrants
Counseling and guidance
Varia provides guidance and counseling for students in all their questions related to enrollment and studies.
We assist students to be successful in their studies and with social integration.
Location and campuses
Vantaa Vocational College Varia is located in the city of Vantaa, which is a part of the capital region of Finland together with Helsinki and Espoo. Varia’s four different campuses, where immigrant education is held, are located near the main railway stations, so it is easy to come to Varia.
Vantaa Vocational College Varia campuses
- Aviapolis campus, Rälssitie 13, 01530 Vantaa
- Hiekkaharju campus, Tennistie 1, 01370 Vantaa
- Koivukylä campus, Talvikkitie 119, 01360 Vantaa
- Myyrmäki campus, Ojahaantie 5, 01600 Vantaa
Study Counselor, Doinita Negruti, tel. +358 40 198 4813, email@example.com